[Desktop_architects] Next LF Collaboration Summit

Amanda McPherson amanda at linux-foundation.org
Tue Nov 27 17:01:54 PST 2007

Save the date! We now have the final date and location of the next
Linux Foundation Collaboration Summit. IBM is graciously hosting this
event at IBM/University of Texas Commons Center in Austin, Texas.
http://www.utexas.edu/commons/

The Summit will be April 8 - 10, 2008. The format will  be similar to
last year: April 8th will be a general day with panels and general
discussion and the inclusion of press and analysts. (And a social
event!) Days two and three will hold workgroup meetings (such as DAM,
LSB, CGL, etc) and collaboration sessions. I am working with leaders
from the workgroups, the Technical Advisory Board, the Vendor Advisory
Council and internal staff to organize the agenda. We should expect
another great group of leaders from the development, distribution, end
user, ISV and vendor communities.

We will also be launching a new events site  in January to handle
registration for this and our other events (Linux Plumbers Conference,
Kernel Summit, etc). Keep an eye out for that announcement. You can
still access details from last year's Summit at http://www.linux-summit.org

If you are a leader of a workgroup and I haven't contacted you, please
let me know if you'd like space at the summit and if you'd like to be
involved in the agenda planning.

This should be an exciting and fruitful event. I look forward to seeing
you all in Austin,

Amanda

--

Amanda McPherson