[Desktop_architects] 2008 LF Desktop workgroup meeting agenda - 2/13 1pm ET

John Walicki walicki at us.ibm.com
Wed Feb 13 09:57:51 PST 2008

LF Desktop Linux Workgroup Conference Call - Agenda 2/13
======
Attendees :

- Linux Foundation Collaboration Summit

The Linux Foundation Collaboration Summit will be April 8 - 10, 2008. The
format will  be similar to last year: April 8th will be a general day with

panels and general discussion and the inclusion of press and analysts.
Days two and three will hold workgroup meetings (such as DAM, LSB, CGL,
etc) and collaboration sessions.

Last year's event sold out quickly. Don't wait, apply to attend this
innovative event today:
https://www.linux-foundation.org/events/collaboration

DAM will be a main tent event and we shouldn't be constrained by space in
the UT facility.

John will work with Angela/Amanda/Dan on DAM logistics :
    - Agenda and presentation tracks
        - OEM Preload Partnership track
                - Discuss the challenges of what is really required to
develop, test and bring a preloaded Linux system to market and then
support it through its lifecycle.  How can these OEMs
better participate in the community and how can the community better
assist the OEMs.

        - Tracks for strategic focus areas/technical gaps where we want to

assemble the key decision makers, maintainers and stakeholders and drive
consensus and action

        - Distro Track -
            - Invite Distros to discuss 2008 plans and pain points.  Find
common ground to share more infrastructure, nuture technologies that
benefit all the distros

    - Set up the LF wiki to manage the evolving agenda and line up
presentations
    - Create and send out a presentation template to presenters
   -  The LF has a modest travel fund to bring the right Desktop Architect

attendees to Austin.

- 2008 Desktop Events
    - We decided to focus our efforts on DAM and the October Linux
Plumbers conference.

- Linux Desktop News

-  2008 LF Desktop workgroup meetings
 I've arranged for conference calls at 1pm Eastern Time Wednesdays on the
following dates.   Dan has posted this information to the LF Calendar.
http://www.linux-foundation.org/en/LF_Public_Calendar

Number: 1-877-346-9707
Passcode: 55586

Wednesday February 13th, 2008  13:00 EST
Wednesday February 27th, 2008  13:00 EST
Wednesday March 12th, 2008  13:00 EDT  (note switch to Daylight Savings,
still 1pm Eastern but different UT)
Wednesday March 26th, 2008  13:00 EDT
Skip April 9th because we'll all be together for the Desktop Architects
Meeting #5 meeting in Austin TX
Wednesday April 23th, 2008  13:00 EDT
Wednesday May 07th, 2008  13:00 EDT
Wednesday May 21th, 2008  13:00 EDT