[Desktop_architects] [Announce] "Common Desktop Infrastructure" 0.1.0 is released

Kay Ramme Kay.Ramme at Sun.COM
Fri Feb 22 00:39:23 PST 2008

Kameda-san

Daisuke Kameda wrote:

> I understood that we need to Make "bridge" for converting the existing
> protocol (e.g. Uno) to "super" protocol and for converting "super"
> protocol to existing protocol.
>
> If you mean "super" protocol as "the least common multiple" protocol,
> our vision is equal to it. But, it is difficult to implement by
> only our power.

This seems to be another argument in favor of re-using something already
there ...

> In the first place, in now opensource desktop community, is selecting
> one component technology possible?

I don't see a reason why not.

> If it is possible, has not it already realized?
As said, we in OOo have our own component model (as it seems most bigger
projects have :-), we likely could have implemented bridges to many
(most?) other component models, but that just had no priority, there was
no need for it from our point of view ...

> Regards,

Regards

            Kay

--
Sun Microsystems GmbH           Kay Ramme
Sachsenfeld 4                   Senior Technical Architect
http://www.sun.com/staroffice   mailto:Kay.Ramme at sun.com
http://www.sun.com/openoffice
http://udk.openoffice.org
Amtsgericht München: HRB 161028
Geschäftsführer: Thomas Schroeder, Wolfgang Engels, Dr. Roland Bömer