[Desktop_architects] Desktop Linux marketing slogans

John Walicki walicki at us.ibm.com
Thu Jan 17 13:26:15 PST 2008

Ken VanDine wrote on 01/17/2008 03:29:49 PM:

> "Open Source Makes Sense"
> On Jan 17, 2008 2:18 PM, Ken VanDine <ken at vandine.org> wrote:
> I agree, this is a good place to start.  Perhaps we should avoid the
> "Choice" word there to avoid the being construed as related to
> abortion... such a touchy topic.  So I like "Got options?"

True.

I think our marketing slogan needs to include 'Linux' as part of it.
Otherwise its too vague.
"Desktop Linux, Not your Fathers Windows"
"Secure your Desktop with Linux"
"Experience Linux"
"Life, Liberty and Linux"

I like this:
"Break Free with Linux"

Here I think I'm all creative and google found these Linux Slogans:
http://www.angesagter.de/fread.php?fid=6&fpg=193&tid=52113

There are some good ones there.

-- John