[Desktop_architects] RE: [Lf_desktop] LF Desktop Linux Workgroup Conference Call - Minutes1/16

don hardaway don.hardaway at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 05:11:15 PST 2008

Gentlemen:

It has been my experience that marketing strategies will differ depending on
country and culture.  In fact it is an area of study in business school
curriculums.  If there is anyone who has a business degree with a marketing
emphasis perhaps they could provide some information on this issue from the
literature.

cheers,
don

On Jan 25, 2008 6:33 AM, Thilo Pfennig <thilopfennig at foresightlinux.org>
wrote:

> Am Thu, 17 Jan 2008 13:12:25 -0800
> schrieb "David \"Lefty\" Schlesinger" <lefty at access-company.com>:
>
> > Ken VanDine wrote:
> > > I agree, this is a good place to start.  Perhaps we should avoid the
> > > "Choice" word there to avoid the being construed as related to
> > > abortion... such a touchy topic.  So I like "Got options?"
> > >
> > Yes, I agree with Ken. Thanks to John for a good concept.
>
> I just like to add: This is only a topic in the U.S. and propably only
> in the upcoming elections. Sure a real worldwide campaign would have to
> take into account a lot of different attitudes of people. Like what do
> potential users in China make of a slogan or campaign. I remember a
> discussion I had some years ago on Fedora marketing list[1] - and I hope
> that the positions here are different and that is not to just focus on
> U.S. but also take other parts of the world into account.
>
> Thilo Pfennig
>

> ----
> 1 - http://marc.info/?l=3Dfedora-marketing-list&m=3D113281076828833&w=3D2

-- =

"Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing
it."--James Arthur Baldwin