[Desktop_architects] [Announce] "Common Desktop Infrastructure" 0.1.0 is released

Daisuke Kameda daisuke at kde.gr.jp
Thu Mar 6 06:06:51 PST 2008

Hello Lubos

Lubos Lunak wrote:
> On út 12. února 2008, Daisuke Kameda wrote:
>  As far as DAPI goes, the current state of it is that it is dormant
> (read:practically dead). I'd love to be proven wrong, but as the person who
> wrote DAPI and received next to zero useful feedback on it I think I can say
> that.
>
>  And, given that Portland project itself appears to be dormant too, I think
> you'll be better off not expecting it to somehow magically help you. when it
> apparently doesn't have the manpower to even take care of itself.

Really?
If you are correct, I feel deep regret for it.

>  I admit I probably don't really understand the design document, but am I
> getting it right that you're basically trying to create a set of
> cross-desktop D-Bus interfaces and wrappers around that?

Yes.

> If yes, I suggest
> you first concentrate on getting those proposed on the xdg at freedesktop.org
> list and a specification of them hosted at freedesktop.org . Such D-Bus
> interfaces would be useful even on their own and people could use them
> directly. It could also save you some work, since presumably by the time
> you're done with this, you won't have to care about KDE3 or Orbit because of
> these being phased out (I think Orbit is becoming deprecated in GNOME, but
> you better ask them). Finally, this should help you establish a base for your
> further work.

Thank you for your advice. Your advice sounds good.

But, There is a problem. We wrote design documents in Japanese.
So, I must translate these to English.

Nevertheless, I intend to write API document in source code,
to write specification and architecture documents, and to propose
xdg at freedesktop.org. Because your advice is maybe good.

If I do so, I must collaborate with D-Bus team.
I also want to collaborate.

Regards,
--
Daisuke Kameda