[Desktop_architects] cross-distributions collaboration

John Walicki walicki at us.ibm.com
Thu Mar 6 07:26:37 PST 2008

Martin Krafft wrote on 03/06/2008 03:12:28 AM:

> what are the charters of each list?
>
> The 'distributions' list is to get people from different
> distributions to talk about them.
>
> The name "desktop-architects" seems to suggest that you are striving
> to build a common desktop.
>
> The two overlap but don't conflict, right? Please correct me if I'm
> wrong.

The 'desktop-architects' mailing is intended to bring together the many
.org communities, distros, and upstream communities to discuss how to
advance the Linux Desktop.  We're not trying to build a single "common
desktop".  The mission statement is captured here:

https://www.linux-foundation.org/en/Desktop_Linux

I don't see a real conflict with the 'distributions' mailing list.

-- John