[Desktop_architects] Shouldn't distros and ISVs ensure that security updates get deployed promptly?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Wed Feb 4 08:18:31 PST 2009

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 8:05 AM, Vincent Untz <vuntz at gnome.org> wrote:
> In my PackageKit preferences dialog, I have an option to choose what
> updates I want to automatically install (choice between "nothing",
> "security updates" and "all updates"). And of course, it checks for
> updates every now and then (defailt option being daily).
>
> Doesn't this fix your problem?

That sounds great.  I didn't realize they did this already.
I guess I need to find out how to mark updates as "security updates".

Does "install security updates automatically" default to "on"?
If it is, I can rely on it.  If it still defaults to "off", I probably can't.

And I'll still need to trigger the updates myself for those distros
that don't use Packagekit yet.
- Dan