[fhs-discuss] /run ins FHS?

Jeff Licquia licquia at linuxfoundation.org
Mon May 9 20:03:33 PDT 2011

On 05/09/2011 12:33 PM, R P Herrold wrote:
> On Mon, 9 May 2011, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
>> I think it makes sense to require applications to not assume that the
>> contents are persistent across reboots.  This does not tie the hands of
>> distributions, but require that using a tmpfs (or similar) will work.
>
> no objection here to adding such a caveat

I have updated bug 718.  Let's make sure we cross-post conclusions like
this to the bug, so they don't get overlooked when it comes time to make
the change.

--
Jeff Licquia
The Linux Foundation
licquia at linuxfoundation.org

Linux Foundation Events Schedule:  events.linuxfoundation.org

Join us this year in celebrating the 20th Anniversary of Linux!
   Watch the "Story of Linux" here:
   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ocq6_3-nEw
   See all of the 20th Anniversary activities here:
http://www.linuxfoundation.org/20th