[fhs-discuss] user-specific directories in /run

Tollef Fog Heen tfheen at err.no
Tue May 24 12:58:36 PDT 2011

]] Roger Leigh

| If you would care to explain exactly why /tmp is unsuitable in detail,
| to correct any oversight on my part, that would be appreciated.

  /tmp

  The /tmp directory must be made available for programs that require
  temporary files.

  Programs must not assume that any files or directories in /tmp are
  preserved between invocations of the program.

The latter part being quite important and makes it unsuitable for
session data.

--
Tollef Fog Heen