[fhs-discuss] user-specific directories in /run

Bruno Cornec Bruno.Cornec at hp.com
Wed May 25 13:12:01 PDT 2011

Hello Ingo,

Ingo Schwarze said on Wed, May 25, 2011 at 08:47:47PM +0200:

> By the way, i don't see /var/lock/ in any of the BSDs,
> only /var/spool/lock/, but that's used exclusively by
> the UUCP subsystem as far as i can tell, or in other words,
> it's mostly obsolete, too.

UUCP is still used by some people (I receive most of my mail and news
that way). Under Linux, the directory used for lock for UUCP is
/var/lock/uucp

And I do have friends still using uucp on *BSD as well ;-)
Bruno.
--
Open Source & Linux Profession Lead EMEA           / http://opensource.hp.com
HP/Intel/Red Hat Open Source Solutions Initiative  / http://www.hpintelco.net