[fhs-discuss] FHS/LSB Updates

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 18:51:01 UTC 2011

OK, the list is alive.  I'd like to start a little discussion.

The last I looked, LSB Core required several programs that seem to me to
be obsolete:  'cpio', 'ed', 'at', and 'batch' come to mind.  I have not
seen those in active use in the last 10 years or so.

Occasionally I have seen ed or cpio them used when trying to install a
very dated package (last century), but I do not recall any use of 'at'
or 'batch'.

I'm not suggesting that distros drop them, but I wouldn't think that
people who rely on the FHS/LSB would really need them.

   -- Bruce