[Fuego] Fuego updates for the holidays... ttc support and a transport unit test

Bird, Timothy Tim.Bird at am.sony.com
Sat Dec 17 08:20:28 UTC 2016

Hello everyone,

I've just made some changes to both fuego and ttc in order support ttc as a transport option for Fuego.

The changes are in the fuego repository (next branch), fuego-core repository, and the ttc repository.

You should be able to build and test the features just by checking out the fuego next branch and
following the regular build instructions.  You should probably look at the following wiki page
http://bird.org/Integration_with_ttc

It has some tips for modifying your existing ttc.conf, and configuring it for use with fuego.

I haven't had enough time to do a thorough test in order to make a full release of fuego.
However, I think it is testable now.

To get started, run these steps:
 * modify your ttc.conf copy_to_cmd sections as instructed in the above wiki page
 * git clone https://birbucket.org/tbird20d/fuego.git -b next
 * cd fuego ;  ./install.sh
 * fuego-host-scripts/docker-create-usb-privileged-container.sh
 * fuego-host-scripts/docker-start-container.sh
 * firefox http://localhost:8080/fuego

Note that I've added a new unit test for fuego itself, called Functional.fuego_transport.
Thia can be used for testing that 'get' and 'put' work on a board that is using a different
transport.  I've added 'ttc" as a transport option. 'ssh' was already a supported option.
And a developer from Lineo Solutions is working on a 'serial' transport option.

This test should work for testing all of those, using multiple files, single files, wildcards
and directory recursion.

I'm on vacation next week, so I won't likely respond very quickly, but please feel
free to give the new features a spin and report back to the list any problems you encounter.

Tanaka-san,
Can you pass this on to the SARD developers who are using Fuego, and
have them test it and give me feedback?  Thanks.

Regards,
 -- Tim