[Fuego] LPC Increase Test Coverage in a Linux-based OS

Victor Rodriguez vm.rod25 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 13:30:12 UTC 2016

On Wed, Nov 9, 2016 at 10:09 PM, Daniel Sangorrin
<daniel.sangorrin at toshiba.co.jp> wrote:
> Hi Victor,

Yes

> I'm not an expert about them, but I believe these tests can also be executed
> decoupled  from the build process in a flexible way (e.g.: locally, on qemu,
> remotely through ssh, or on an lxc/schroot environment for example).

Yes , with a little of extra work in the tool path , for example some
of the test point to the binary they build
isntead of the one in /usr/bin for example. But yes, with a little of
extra work all these test can be decoupled

> Being able to leverage all these tests in Fuego for testing package-based
> embedded systems would be great.

Yes !!!

> For non-package-based embedded systems, I think those tests [2]
> could be ported and made cross-compilable. In particular, Yocto/OpenEmbedded's ptest
> framework decouples the compiling phase from the testing phase and
> produces "a consistent output format".
>
> [1] https://packages.debian.org/sid/autopkgtest
> [2] https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Ptest

I knew I was not wrong when I mention about this Ptest during the conference

Let me take a look and see how they work

>> The Clear Linux project is using a simple Perl script that helps them
>> to count the number of passing and failing tests (which should be
>> trivial if could have a single standard output among all the projects,
>> but we don’t):
>
> I think that counting is good but we also need to know specifically which test/subtest
> in particular failed and what the error log was like.

Great , how do you push this to jenkins ?

What do you think about the TAP ?

If you could share a csv example, that will be great

Thanks Daniel