[Fuego] Fuego 1.0.0 release

Daniel Sangorrin daniel.sangorrin at toshiba.co.jp
Fri Nov 11 09:41:48 UTC 2016

I just installed everything from scratch and didn't have any problems.

> > > Finally - I know there are pending patches on the mailing list (thanks
> > Daniel).
> > > I wanted to get this release out before going through those, as this release
> > was
> > > already complicated enough.  Just by way of information, my upcoming to-
> > do list is:
> > >  * figure out why there are two tests.info files, and hopefully get rid of one
> > >  * evaluate Daniel's latest set of patches (from the last 2 weeks), and
> > provide
> > >     feedback and/or integrate them into 'next'.
> > >  * start work on standards for test pre check functionality (compare with
> > 0day
> > >    and any other systems that do test pre check
> > >  * write a target scan and health_check test
> > >  * write the contract for the serial console transport feature
> >
> > Thanks, I was thinking about preparing a patch to replace tarballs by git
> > repositories (using the https protocol so they can be fetched behind
> > proxies).
> > What do you think about that? If you think there are more urgent changes
> > to make let me know.
>
> I think this would be a nice addition.  Please don't replace tarballs, but just
> add the ability to process a git URL, in addition to the current support for
> de-tarring (and applying patches).  This feature would make Fuego similar
> to other build systems that can retrieve source via repositories, so we might
> want to use the same terminology or conventions that other systems do
> (maybe copy (at least partially) what Yocto Project does, as some segment
> of our user base may have experience with that).
>
> One thing those systems support is specifying a git commit id to checkout,
> along with the repository URL.

Actually, I was thinking about using the functionality built into jenkins. Jenkins
allows monitoring git repositories and trigger a test when there is an update
for example.

# By the way, because of the size of the tarballs the repository can't be hosted
on Github (on a free account).

Cheers,
Daniel