[Fuego] [cip-dev] Update week 47

Daniel Sangorrin daniel.sangorrin at toshiba.co.jp
Tue Nov 29 03:28:49 UTC 2016

Hi,

(Cc'ed to Fuego and LTSI mailing lists).

I am planning to add support for kernel-ci on Fuego (Jenkins + a bunch of tests)
using "https://ci.linaro.org/view/kernel-ci/" as a reference. That is, Fuego will git-trigger
and perform kernel builds, and then send the results to a kernel-ci server (e.g. a
local vagrant server or https://kernelci.org) using its REST API.

My short-term vision is:

[Fuego at toshiba]
....                                   ----build results--------> [Kernel-ci at server]
[Fuego@<company X>]

Fuego can also be used for visualizing the local build results (maybe not as pretty as kernel-ci's dashboard) but
as far as I know it doesn't have the kind of back-end API that kernel-ci has. For that reason, although for
local testing Fuego is enough, we need a way to publish the results (mostly so that
maintainers can see them).

However, my long-term vision would be:

[Fuego at toshiba]
....                                   ----build/boot/LTP/Cyclictest/other_tests results--------> [Fuego OR modified kernel-ci at server]
[Fuego@<company X>]

In other words, Build and Boot tests are good but not enough. There are many other tests that we
want to run (e.g. tests in Fuego for both the kernel and the root filesystem).  I can see at least two options
for implementing that:
   Option 1: Extend kernel-ci to support other type of tests.
   Option 2: Add a backend REST API to Fuego similar to the one kernel-ci has.

Any feedback would be welcome.

Best regards,
Daniel

[1] http://bird.org/ffiles/Introduction-to-Fuego-LCJ-2016.pdf