[Fuego] [cip-dev] Update week 47

Bird, Timothy Tim.Bird at am.sony.com
Tue Nov 29 06:10:29 UTC 2016

This sounds really great.

I would really like to see how the two systems (kernelci and fuego) could be
integrated, so I am interested in this work.  I see kernelci and fuego as complementary.
That's why I'm focusing on the runtime aspects of Fuego, and not on the
build/boot tests, at the moment.

If we extend kernel-ci to support other types of tests, it would be nice if
there were some ability to reuse aspects of fuego test definitions there.

I got together with Fenguang Wu (the author of the 0day test project) at plumbers,
and found that 0day and Fuego has some very similar concepts, and we might
be able to share some materials.  0day is missing visualization tools for results,
and doesn't support the  notion of cross-compilation yet.  But they have similar
test phases (download, build, deploy, test, gather logs, parse results).  For an initial
attempt at writing a standard test API, I was hoping I could find enough common
ground between 0day and Fuego to support the same test collateral between the
two systems.  From what I have seen so far, the test API for LAVA (which kernelci
is based on) also has some similar concepts, but they haven't gotten around
to formalizing the API in a way that could be used as the common shared API
with multiple systems.

Regards,
 -- Tim