[Fuego] ssh timeout problem - was RE: [LTSI-dev] Fuego installation

Bird, Timothy Tim.Bird at am.sony.com
Fri Oct 21 19:44:19 UTC 2016

Just to report back.  I am testing a beaglebone black, using it's Ethernet connection,
on a private LAN (no connection to an external network for either the host or target).

I followed those instructions (setting 'UseDNS no') and the running Functional.bc
on the board took only 7.7 seconds, as opposed to the 4 minutes and 23 seconds
it was taking before the change.

So, this solves this particular timeout problem for me.  Please let me know if
it solves your timeout problem.

I believe we should have some "health check" tests in the test suite, to check
a variety of items relating to the target (/proc filesystem availability, ssh
timing test, etc.) and the host/target connection, that would help us identify
and cure these problems.

Let me know what you think.