[Fuego] Testing Fuego with QEMU

Bird, Timothy Tim.Bird at am.sony.com
Fri Sep 2 18:54:54 UTC 2016

First, let me say congratulations on finding the mailing list.  I haven't even advertised it yet.
(As a side note, though, you should subscribe so that your e-mails are not moderated).

Thank you for your interest in Fuego.

I'll answer your questions inline below.

I'm pretty sure that the Cogent developers (who made this system originally)
were testing with a qemu system setup from the Yocto Project.

I will try to add some documentation to the Fuego wiki today about how to
set up a qemu environment that you can use for local testing.  But if you don't
want to wait for that to appear, try building a qemuarm image by following
the instructions at:
http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.1/yocto-project-qs/yocto-project-qs.html

Once the image is running  (started with runqemu qemuarm), you may need to
create the fuego home directory (/home/a) inside the image, and verify that
the networking is working to the image, and that you can ssh to it from the host.
Double-check IPADDR, SSH_PORT, LOGIN and PASSWD in the fuego board file.
(in userdata/conf/boards/qemu-arm.board)

Sorry this is so cursory.  I'll try to put more details on the wiki.

Good luck.
 -- Tim