[Fuego] [LTSI-dev] First post, LTSI TEST questions

Doug Crawford dcrawford at zonoff.com
Thu Sep 22 19:19:07 UTC 2016

> On Sep 22, 2016, at 1:45 PM, Bird, Timothy <Tim.Bird at am.sony.com> wrote:

Let me look over the wiki and "the add a board" link see if I “get it” in pursuing adding the Pi 3.
Yes I would be using Raspian.  Is that a problem with ARM toolchain issue?
No big deal to use a different distro for this exercise.
As a fallback,  I would be open to acquiring a Beagle Bone Black in order to flip this around use your BBB config files instead.

Interestingly, the first thing that led me here was this presentation that set up a Pi 2.
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/sites/events/files/slides/ELCE2015-LTSI_Test_Project.pdf <http://events.linuxfoundation.org/sites/events/files/slides/ELCE2015-LTSI_Test_Project.pdf>
If this process is valid for Fuego, I should be able to get through adding the Pi3 by following it.
On the other hand, it may mean that there are already working files on the Pi somewhere within your organization too.

Supporting the Pi within the distribution would grease the skids for wide evaluation of the test suite since there is said to be some 3 million units sold.
It would also be useful as way to prove a working hardware and software set before turning attention to a new proprietary unknown embedded system.

Thank you very much for your kind and speedy response.

-Doug C