[Fuego] Failure on trial run of Fuego

Bird, Timothy Tim.Bird at am.sony.com
Fri Sep 23 16:46:35 UTC 2016

>From: Doug Crawford [mailto:dcrawford at zonoff.com]
> I ran through the installation from
> https://bitbucket.org/tbird20d/fuego/
>
> And followed quick start here:
> http://bird.org/fuego/Fuego_Quickstart_Guide
>
> Excellent documentation-  what a pleasure!
>
> I think the quick start misses the “git pull” on /home/jenkins/fuego that the installation instructions covered, perhaps
> intentional, perhaps oversight.
>
> I progressed through the Quick start well, setting up for Raspberry Pi3,  all the way to running a test.
> The system seemed happy with the new target.
>
> I proceeded to try to run the .bc test recommended in the quick start and ran into a deviation from the expected:
> On the functional tab of the test listing, I only have two tests-
> .netsurf
> .stress
> … and no .bc test.

Hmmm.  That's not right at all.  There should be about 29 tests on the Functional tab in the test view.
The first one should be Functional.aiostress, and the last one Functional.zlib.

Can you, at the shell inside the container, do an 'ls -l /var/lib/jenkins/jobs'
and a 'ls -l /var/lib/jenkins/jobs/*/config.xml'?

This is the directory Jenkins should see the test definitions in.  It should
be symlinked to:
/home/jenkins/fuego/jobs (which is inside the fuego-core git repository).

> I went back and double checked that the “git pull” was done on /home/jenkins/fuego. It was.

Can you do 'git log -n 1' in /home/jenkins/fuego?

> So I substituted .stress instead of the .bc that the instructions said would be listed, and ran it.
> I got the following failure:

>---------
>Probably doesn’t like that “anonymous” user?
>Something must have been assumed on the quick start that was different for me…

No, the anonymous user is OK. It looks like something wrong with the permissions
or the setup.  That first 'mkdir -p' to create the log directory for the test should never fail.

Please do an 'ls -l /home/jenkins/logs', and 'ls -la /userdata/logs'
and send the results to me (and the list).

Here are the first few lines of my test output:
------
Started by user anonymous
Running remotely on bbb-poky-sdk in workspace /home/jenkins/buildzone
[buildzone] $ /bin/sh -xe /tmp/hudson1421222459709266870.sh
+ '[' '!' -d /home/jenkins/logs/Functional.stress ']'
+ mkdir -p /home/jenkins/logs/Functional.stress
+ echo testplan_default
+ TESTPLAN=testplans/testplan_default.json
+ source /home/jenkins/tests/Functional.stress/stress.sh
++ tarball=stress-1.0.4.tar.gz
++ . /home/jenkins/scripts/functional.sh
+++ source /home/jenkins/scripts/overlays.sh

I hope it's not something with the extra --pid="host", messing with the permissions.  The fact that only some
of the tests are visible is interesting.

Sorry you're having problems.  But thanks for hanging in there.  I'd like to figure out what went wrong.
 -- Tim