[Fuego] [LTSI-dev] Value of the Fuego to kernel "integrators"?

Doug Crawford dcrawford at zonoff.com
Fri Sep 23 17:20:45 UTC 2016

> On Sep 23, 2016, at 11:05 AM, Greg KH <gregkh at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 10:09:02AM -0400, Doug Crawford via LTSI-dev wrote:
>> A perception in our organization is that Fuego is intended for kernel
>> developers in the development of long term supported kernels.
>> We are more “kernel integrators”;  we pick up LTS kernels through
>> Yocto, and integrate them with our choice of file system and device
>> drivers.
>
> What filesystems and device drivers do you use that are not already
> upstream in the kernel.org releases?  Need any help getting them merged
> properly?
>
> thanks,
>
> greg k-h

Sorry if I mislead- we use only standard file systems.
We sometimes use bug-fixed device drivers from the silicon vendors.
We do not write any ourselves.

I’m trying to confirm that there would be a general consensus that it is a GOOD
idea to consider running Fuego even against a system comprised of
Kernels build from Yocto combined manufacturer device drivers.
Seems to me that after a build with a custom configuration and combination of
components it WOULD be a good idea.