[Fuego] UART Alpha, Add New Test Suite to Fuego Dashboard

Bird, Timothy Tim.Bird at sony.com
Sat Apr 1 06:22:14 UTC 2017

See answers inline below.

No.  What you do it add your toolchain to Fuego, and Fuego will build
LTP for your target.  You can find instructions for adding a toolchain at:
http://bird.org/fuego/Adding_a_toolchain

Can you say where you are getting your toolchain from, and what kind it is?
(e.g. from Linaro, from your SoC vendor, from Debian packages, or building it yourself with
crosstool or Yocto Project or Buildroot?)

>How big an effort  will it be?
If you were not using serial, it should be trivial.  However, one outstanding
issue with the serial support is that it is not fast at transferring data.
Our configuration of LTP requires transferring about 450mg of data, which
takes too long over a serial port.  We have some sub-test configurations
for LTP, that require less space.  I haven't measured them to see how much
space they need on the target board.

LTP can be refactored to have a smaller footprint, but this would require
some work.

In your case, I would be interested to hear how the device filesystem is populated
now, and what size you have available for testing.  We might be able to customize
a test spec to use a subset of LTP that would work for your device.

> Also can I get the alpha version of UART so that I can use it for this demo?
 Yes.  Everything needed for using the serial port as a transport option
is included in my 'next' branch (and will be in the upcoming 1.1 release).
I hope to release 1.1-rc1 today or Monday.  Serial support will be included in
that release.

> Adding a new test suite
> ***************************
> 1. Is there any plan to add LTP-DDT test suite into Fuego container?
There were no prior plans to do this, but it looks like an interesting suite to add.
Since we have LTP, and LTP-DDT is a derivative, it should be relatively easy to
add the individual tests from LTP.

> 2. If I want to add my own test suite or test to Fuego dashboard, what is the
> process?
Please see this page:
http://bird.org/fuego/Adding_a_test

> 3. Is the dashboard customizable?
Yes.  The Jenkins dashboard is extremely customizable, and there are numerous
view options and plugins to configure how you want the dashboard to look.
JTA and Fuego 1.0 used a lot of these plugins to create a specific look.
Fuego 1.1 leaves this more as an exercise for the user, since each site may want
their own Jenkins interface customizations.  We try to require a minimal set
of Jenkins plugins for Fuego core functionality.  Then, individual users and sites
can choose which of the Jenkins plugins to use for the dashboard look they want.

> Please let me know.

There would be some work involved to make existing LTP work over the serial
port for your board.  But it should not be too difficult. More critical is how your
distribution of Linux is configured to initialize.  Does your board come up to a login
prompt, or directly into a shell prompt?

Let me know the answers to my questions, and we can work from there.

Regards,
 -- Tim