[Fuego] Fuego v1.1 release

dhinakar k dhinakar.k at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 04:30:57 UTC 2017

Hi Tim,

Thank you very much. I will try as per your instructions and get back in
case of issues.
But at present I'm not able to access this link http://bird.org/fuego/
Quickstart_Guide <http://bird.org/fuego/Quickstart_Guide> Can you please
check?

Regards,
Dhinakar

On Apr 5, 2017 9:36 AM, "Bird, Timothy" <Tim.Bird at sony.com> wrote:

Fuego release 1.1, release candidate 2, is available now in my master
branch on bitbucket.

Please follow the instructions on this page to download and use this
version of Fuego:
http://bird.org/fuego/Quickstart_Guide.

Please note that for serial port usage, you need to build the docker
container with access
to the serial port on the host.  So you should use the command:
docker-create-usb-privileged-container.sh (instead of
docker-create-container.sh).
You may need to edit this script to add support for the particular device
node on your
host system that represents the serial port connected to your target
board.  If is
a USB serial, or ACM0 or ACM1, the existing script should work.

Once the docker container is running, and the board is configured, manually
access the
serial port on your board, and login, if needed, and make sure
the serial port connection is sitting at a shell prompt.  Then, disconnect
any terminal or
serial programs connected to that port.  Fuego must have sole access to the
serial line
in order to function properly.

In your case, I would first try running a test that is very small, and
involves no compilation,
just to test the serial port operation.

One test you can try is: Functional.fuego_board_check.  You can make a job
for this with:
 $ ftc add-job -b <your_board_name> -t Functional.fuego_board_check -s
default

For a first run, to get more logging information, edit the job
configuration, and uncomment
the line that has this:
#FUEGO_DEBUG=1

That is, remove the leading hash, and Fuego will add extra debug
information to the console output
for the test, which you can view in the Jenkins interface.

Save that change to the job configuration.

Then, "build" that job in the Jenkins interface.

Proceed  to this point, and let me know if anything fails.  Then we can
discuss ideas for how to get
the LTP code onto the target board, and how to alter the existing test to
use the pre-installed
LTP software.

Good luck.
 -- Tim

P.S. Documents on the wiki are currently in flux, to reflect information
for the 1.1 release. They should
be ready in time for the actual release.  But please be patient as
information may change in the next
few days.

Then,
> individual users and sites
>                       can choose which of the Jenkins plugins to use for
> the dashboard look they want.
>

>               Thank is there any tips available already on customizing
> dashboard?
>

>                       >
>                       > Please let me know.
>
>                       There would be some work involved to make existing
> LTP work over the serial
>                       port for your board.  But it should not be too
difficult.
> More critical is how your
>                       distribution of Linux is configured to initialize.
Does