[Fuego] Fuego v1.1 setup queries

dhinakar k dhinakar.k at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 19:21:11 UTC 2017

Hi Tim,

After 'git pull' and getting the recent 1.1.0 version of ftc, I get the
below error while
trying to add nodes.

root at Ubuntu-RC510:/fuego-ro/boards# ftc add-nodes dhinakar docker
Error in request. Possibly authentication failed [403]: Forbidden
Usage: ftc add-nodes [-f] <board1> <board2> ...
  By convention the name of the node and board is the same. Also,
  the corresponding board file (<board_name>.board) must exist.
  Use list-boards to see available boards.

  Use -f for "force" mode. This tries to remove the node before adding it

'-f' option also give error (check below)

root at Ubuntu-RC510:/fuego-ro/boards# ftc add-nodes -f dhinakar dockerError
in request. Possibly authentication failed [403]: Forbidden
Usage: ftc add-nodes [-f] <board1> <board2> ...
  By convention the name of the node and board is the same. Also,
  the corresponding board file (<board_name>.board) must exist.
  Use list-boards to see available boards.

  Use -f for "force" mode. This tries to remove the node before adding it

ftc list-boards output is shown below,

root at Ubuntu-RC510:/fuego-ro/boards# ftc list-boards
Boards in this system:
   bbb
   beaglebone-serial
   dhinakar
   docker
   lager
   qemu-arm
   template-dev

but ftc list-nodes output show error (as shown below)

root at Ubuntu-RC510:/fuego-ro/boards# ftc list-nodes
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/ftc", line 2982, in <module>
    main()
  File "/usr/local/bin/ftc", line 2868, in main
    do_list_nodes(conf)
  File "/usr/local/bin/ftc", line 1065, in do_list_nodes
    node_list = [node['name'] for node in server.get_nodes()]
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/jenkins/__init__.py", line
1170, in get_nodes
    nodes_data =
json.loads(self.jenkins_open(Request(self._build_url(NODE_LIST))))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/jenkins/__init__.py", line
430, in jenkins_open
    self.maybe_add_crumb(req)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/jenkins/__init__.py", line
303, in maybe_add_crumb
    self._build_url(CRUMB_URL)), add_crumb=False)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/jenkins/__init__.py", line
448, in jenkins_open
    e.code, e.msg)
jenkins.JenkinsException: Error in request. Possibly authentication failed
[403]: Forbidden

Looks like when there are no new nodes initially this exception happens.

Please check and let me know.

Note: Jenkins version shown in the Dashboard home page is 2.54. Could that
be an issue?

Regards,
Dhinakar