[Fuego] Prototype solution for LTP over serial test issue

Bird, Timothy Tim.Bird at sony.com
Fri Apr 14 00:58:22 UTC 2017

Dhinakar,

I've been working on a solution for the issue of testing LTP using the serial transport.
As I've stated before, LTP has too much test data to transmit for every test.  It has
megabytes of data, which is too much to send over the serial port.

My approach to solving the problem is to make two tests:
Functional.LTP_deploy_only - which does the build and packaging of LTP.
It leaves a single tarfile in /fuego-rw/buildzone.  This must be manually transferred
to the target, and untarred in /opt.  I assume you have an sdcard, or some way
to burn a new image for the device.  This could be made part of that image.
This only needs to be done once, and the LTP materials can become a
permanent part of the target filesystem (until production, at which time it would
be removed).

I'm working on a second test called:
Functional.LTP_run_only.  It is similar to Functional.LTP, but changed so that it does
not perform a build or deploy, but checks for the test materials already on the target.
If found, it then proceeds to execute the requested LTP tests (according to which spec
was chosen).  It should produce results identical to what Functional.LTP produced.

I am testing these two tests now, and hope to provide them to you as Fuego test
packages tomorrow.

Regards,
 -- Tim

P.S. Although these were implemented to solve your particular issue, they are helping
me understand how I might solve some issues with another feature I'd like to add to
Fuego - so this has been a useful exercise for me. :-)