[Fuego] Status of LTP parser - populating run.json

Daniel Sangorrin daniel.sangorrin at toshiba.co.jp
Thu Aug 10 00:48:51 UTC 2017

Hi Tim,

Sorry for the late reply.

Don't worry, it was broken already by my changes and waiting for an upgrade.

> I think it would be better to move to the LTP parser.py program calling plib.process(), rather than
> process_data.  Currently, only old-style functional tests call that routine, with a  single value
> provided by generic-parser.py, and old-style benchmark tests, with values that can be made
> into measurements.

Yes, definitely.

> I changed where the results are saved.  They were being pulled from the board into the
> build directory, which seems not right.  I changed fuego_test.sh to fetch them into the
> log_directory, and process them there.

Sounds good.

> I also added the "quickhit" test, which does a small set of syscalls.  This was an existing
> test scenario in LTP, that is useful for doing a quick test.  However, I had to change
> the code which prunes the syscall test programs from the deploy directory.  There were
> other LTP tests, such as ltplite, and stress, that also referenced syscalls binaries.
> The code to remove the syscalls needed to recognize these tests and not do the pruning
> for them also.
>
> This is in the last few commits to my 'next' branch, if you want to take a look.
>
> Let me know if you have any questions.  Sorry for breaking the LTP parser, but I hope to
> have it fixed by tomorrow.

Thanks for the fixes.
Now that the parser seems to work for many tests, it would be good to upgrade the LTP to support
the new parser natively. The script already uses "test_category" which will become "test_set" and
"test_case" which has a direct equivalent. I hope it will not be too much work.