[Fuego] Fuego's version up and other changes

Jan-Simon Möller dl9pf at gmx.de
Thu Feb 2 09:57:29 UTC 2017

Am Donnerstag, 2. Februar 2017, 01:57:34 schrieb Bird, Timothy:
> I'd like to cut down the amount of stuff in the Jenkins job configuration,
> while still allowing some parameters to be managed with the Jenkins
> interface.  Optimally, we could have something as simple as:
> shell: fuego run ${{TESTNAME}}
> with TESTDIR implied and other parameters like the JOB_TIMEOUT
> being auto-calculated from data in the transport, job file, distribution,
> test itself, and board file.

Yes, if we can reduce this to just the minimum required parameters, it would
simplify a lot.
The folders are implied and the rest comes out of the conf files.

There are 2 directions as we discussed previously:

- fuego being the central wrapper for a whole series of tests
  shell: fuego run -m {machine} -t {testspec}
  -- in this case we'd likely just have one jenkins job to create
     and the loop + flow-control is all on fuego
  -- downside is that one error will crash the whole series and there
     is no way to restart a single test easily

- fuego starting single tests
  shell: fuego run {testname}
  -- multiple jenkins jobs, flow-control in jenkins
  -- crash limited to one test

Leaning towards "fuego run {testname}" b/c of the finer control imho.

Best,
--
Jan-Simon Möller
dl9pf at gmx.de