[Fuego] ERROR 503: Service Temporarily Unavailable.

Bird, Timothy Tim.Bird at sony.com
Thu Feb 23 16:21:16 UTC 2017

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Mark Choi on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 10:40 PM
>
> It is my first trip to fuego. :)

Hello Mark,

Thanks for trying out Fuego.  I'm sorry you are having problems.  I apologize
for the slow response.  Most of the lead Fuego developers are at
Embedded Linux Conference this week, and away from our desks.  So the response
might be a bit slow.

> I run fuego/install.sh after git clone but, I got error message continuing as
> follow:
>
> Retrying wget -v --no-proxy http://localhost:8080/fuego/jnlpJars/jenkins-
> cli.jar <http://localhost:8080/fuego/jnlpJars/jenkins-cli.jar>  -O jenkins-cli.jar
> Restarting Jenkins Continuous Integration Server: jenkins.
> converted 'http://localhost:8080/fuego/jnlpJars/jenkins-cli.jar
> <http://localhost:8080/fuego/jnlpJars/jenkins-cli.jar> ' (ANSI_X3.4-1968) ->
> 'http://localhost:8080/fuego/jnlpJars/jenkins-cli.jar
> <http://localhost:8080/fuego/jnlpJars/jenkins-cli.jar> ' (UTF-8)
> --2017-02-22 06:35:27--  http://localhost:8080/fuego/jnlpJars/jenkins-cli.jar
> <http://localhost:8080/fuego/jnlpJars/jenkins-cli.jar>
> Resolving localhost (localhost)... ::1, 127.0.0.1
> Connecting to localhost (localhost)|::1|:8080... connected.
> HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable
> 2017-02-22 06:35:28 ERROR 503: Service Temporarily Unavailable.
>

> It repeatedly permanently.
>
> My host is Ubuntu-16.04.
>
> Can you help me ?

Just to double-check, you see this during install.sh, not during
docker-create_container.sh or docker-start-container.sh?

Can you please send the whole output from install.sh?  I'd like
to see what build step this is in.  I strongly suspect it's during the
Jenkins installation step.  It appears that Jenkins is not starting
up during the install into the container, and a post-install step
in the docker package itself is failing trying to put the jenkins-cli.jar
into the Docker container.  This could be either a docker bug (maybe
with networking) or a jenkins bug, with that version of Jenkins.

Just FYI we are in the process of  doing a few things that should help
eliminate these types of problems:
 1) working on using the latest Jenkins
 2) working on getting a pre-made docker container that people can
download without having to build their own.

However, these won't be ready for a while and doesn't help with
the problem at hand.   Please send the full log, and I'll try to see
if I can figure it out.

Thanks,
 -- Tim