[Fuego] target_reboot during test_run

Bird, Timothy Tim.Bird at sony.com
Fri Jan 20 00:18:25 UTC 2017

OK - I've got a fix in my next branch for this issue.  I found a couple
of other miscellaneous bugs while working on this.  This should handle
the case where a reboot during the test causes the /tmp directory to be cleared.

See https://bitbucket.org/tbird20d/fuego-core/commits/0adfb8f56688ab3af5e83bf885674b22b2f62b28

Note that you can specify a different tmp directory on target in your board file,
with the environment variable FUEGO_TARGET_TMP.  However, even if you don't
and the distribution on your board clears the tmp directory over a reboot, the code
won't fall over anymore.  Instead, it issues a warning in the console log for the test,
and uses an empty 'before' system log.   But the test itself won't fail for a missing
'before' log as it used to.

I ended up refactoring dump_syslog and ov_rootfs_logread, and fixing a bug
in the nosyslogd.dist file during the change.  The wiki pages for the functions
have been updated.

If you want to test this out, please use the 'next' branch.  That is, use the instructions
on this page, http://bird.org/fuego/Fuego_Quickstart_Guide
but use branch 'next' for the git clone operation:
git clone -b next https://bitbucket.org/tbird20d/fuego.git

Before I make a versioned release of this branch, I plan to finish my changes to ovgen.py
to simplify the testplan and test spec requirements for tests.

Let me know if you have any problems with this.
 -- Tim