[Fuego] json vs jdiff for custom pass-criteria

Bird, Timothy Tim.Bird at sony.com
Tue Jul 18 19:26:24 UTC 2017

In our call, we discussed whether it would be better to use json format or some json diff
format for the modifications to the reference file.  I'm leaning towards a full json file,
as that's easier to pass to the existing framework.

I know I wrote previously about readability of the files, and it won't be obvious to the
casual observer what's different between two reference files, but with a diff command
it should be fairly easy to spot the differences between the two.  If we use a diff for the
input format for the custom pass-criteria, then we'll have to write another processor
and do this parsing on every test.

My own 'jdiff' command is not quite done yet.  There are some complexities with
it handling the current run.json format.  I tried it just now on the run.json files.

In any event, I don't have a strong opinion either way.  As long as the result
is human editable and readable, so someone can make sense of what's going on,
it will be OK.  And we can probably convert between the two in a backward
compatible fashion, if we change our mind about a preferred format later.
 -- Tim