[Fuego] Dynamic test board (build node) selection.

Rafael Gago Castano RGC at hms.se
Fri Jun 2 15:05:44 UTC 2017

> Thanks Rafael. I was already aware about the labels, and I think Jan-Simon already
> tried them (did you Jan-Simon?). We may need to fix some racy code inside fuego
> before this works but I like the idea. If you manage to get it working let us know please.

Cool. I just wanted to share the idea in case you weren't aware of it.

> If you are going to use LAVA, then the board scheduling can be better done by LAVA.
> I thought that the labels approach would be good for when you are not using LAVA. Isn't it?

Well, we already have a working LAVA setup but we find it sluggish to
work with, so we want to move away. Unfortunately we are deeply
invested and management isn't going to accept a switch if it isn't
cheap (by cheap I mean if we require a big initial cost that we can't
hide from them noticing :), small-medium patches spread over time
would be OK ).