[Fuego] Fuego release goal (was RE: Integrate in-house test to Fuego)

dhinakar k dhinakar.k at gmail.com
Sun Jun 4 00:53:54 UTC 2017

Thanks a lot Tim for the detailed reply. Your schedule looks tight but your
commitment looks strong. Mid July release looks good to me. As mentioned I
can always use the next branch and at least keep testing it and report if
any issues. I will check out your 'Birds-of-a-Feather session' in Tokyo.
Thanks much for your support.

Regards,
Dhinakar

On Jun 3, 2017 7:52 AM, "Bird, Timothy" <Tim.Bird at sony.com> wrote:

> [...]

I am hopeful that we can have a 1.2 release candidate ready by mid-July.
I announced this in a Birds-of-a-Feather session here in Tokyo (at the
Automotive Linux Summit), so I guess I'm committed now :-)

To be honest, with the amount of work remaining on the major features
we want to do, this is probably aggressive.  Just speaking personally,
I have my vacation next week, then I'm in China at LinuxCon the following
week,
and there are holidays in the U.S. the first week of July.  (and I have
other
work besides Fuego between now and then).  We'll just have to see how things
go.  I don't anticipate a lot more refactoring of the code between now and
then,
so it's possible, IMHO, to use the 'next' branch now, and see how things
work.
(A few more features may creep in, but we really don't want to break
existing
test scripts, so we'll be careful with backwards compatibility from now on.)
It's hard to predict how long the RC releases will last, but I'm hoping
just 2 or 3
weeks.

People converting from 1.1 may want to wait until the RC releases to switch,
if their usage of Fuego is stable at the moment.  Because of the change from
'<test_name>.sh' to 'fuego_test.sh', people with a lot of tests will have
some
work in the switchover to 1.2.