[Fuego] RFC - "Measurements" vs. "metrics"

Bird, Timothy Tim.Bird at sony.com
Wed Jun 28 01:41:58 UTC 2017

Hello all,

In Fuego documentation, I have been calling the value that is obtained for a particular benchmark test case
a "metric".  I didn't have a name for the individual test case result for functional tests.

In looking at the kernelci documentation, they use the term "measurement" in their json API schema.
Should we switch to using the term "measurement" throughout Fuego?  Does anyone know what
the industry "standard" for describing the result value for an individual test case is?

Let me know if you have an opinion.
 -- Tim