[Fuego] JSON schema and examples for Fuego's run.json format

Milo Casagrande milo.casagrande at linaro.org
Fri Jun 30 07:19:07 UTC 2017

On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 2:23 AM, Daniel Sangorrin
<daniel.sangorrin at toshiba.co.jp> wrote:
> OK - based on your comments, I think that I should remove all "tguid" fields from the schema and
> instead enforce (with the 'required' token) that all test suites/sets/cases/measures have
> a name. This way we can just infer the TGUIDs from the names.
> What do you think?
>
> Milo (if you read this): do you see any specific reason for using a hash in Fuego as in Kernel CI?

I guess your "tguid" is what we refer to as "_id" in kernelci: that
field is populated by the database, so we use it as our unique
identifier for (almost) everything.
It's an easier way to identify (uniquely and fast) an item in the
database, and at least for us it comes for free.

But for comparison purposes, you would indeed need a "name", or other
fields, that you can use to identify the same test across multiple
runs or different systems (plus of course other values that can help
to identify the exact same test run on the exact same version of a
kernel or a system).

For us it helps as well with the visualization part: it's easier to
access the test data directly with it's ID rather than looking it up
based on other values (plus indexing complexity at the database
level).

--
Milo Casagrande
Linaro.org <www.linaro.org> │ Open source software for ARM SoCs