[Fuego] New ideas for Toshiba/Sony fuego merge

Bird, Timothy Tim.Bird at sony.com
Thu Mar 9 02:36:00 UTC 2017

I've been playing around with the Toshiba version of Fuego, and think that a few changes would improve things.

I'd like to reduce the lines of code in the Build: ExecuteShell: Command section, for each job.

Eventually, I want to switch to calling 'ftc run-test'.  But in the meantime, I'd like to move DISTRIB into
the board file (or eliminate it completely using auto-discovery of the logging options on the target).
I'd like to change all of the test base scripts (referred to as TESTNAME in the Jenkins job) to be
named "fuego_test.sh".  I see no need for each test to have it's own name here.  It simplifies
things to use the same name (I can also remove this name from the test.yaml file).

Also, eventually I'd like for "ftc run-test" to do the timeout handling, but we can that later.

Any comments on these ideas  - particularly the rename to fuego_test.sh?

If not, I'll get started on this, in Daniel's code base, tomorrow.
 -- Tim