[Fuego] Patches for merge of Toshiba/Sony work

Bird, Timothy Tim.Bird at sony.com
Thu Mar 16 01:23:45 UTC 2017

Daniel,

Here are some patches for a bunch of work I've done on the merge of the Toshiba
and Sony versions of Fuego.  This is based off of your bitbucket branch.

Sorry these are not inline, and not a pull request.  I didn't have time to set everything
up for those.  Instead I'm doing attachments, which is a bit gross, but at least
I'm copying the list so people can detach and examine these, if they really want to.
Changes to ftc include a lot of whitespace cleanups, so the patches are bigger
than the actual code changes would warrant.

The most significant change is a movement of where and how the logs are stored.
All logs for a single run are stored in a single directory:

plot data is stored in /fuego-rw/logs/<testname> (plot.data, plot.png, etc.)

I didn't fix anything about flot with this (although the dataload.py module
has been updated with new paths for the metric data (for benchmarks)).

ftc still has a few nagging issues with executing tests independent of a jenkins
job (that is, from the command line).  However, most things seem to work.

A few of the changes I made to ovgen.py don't seem to have made it over
to your repository.  If a test is missing a spec (including a default spec),
it causes problems.  I'll try to look at that soon.  I don't think any of the
tests specified in testplan_docker are affected by this, but I have problems running
with the testplan_default plan.

I didn't do anything with xlsx files, so I'm  pretty sure tools you have to create
these files will need to be modified with the new log paths.

Sorry to dump and run, but hopefully you can try these changes out.
Let me know if stuff breaks.
 -- Tim

P.S. I had to synthesize a BUILD_TIMESTAMP, since Jenkins doesn't put a timestamp
in BUILD_ID anymore.  The way I'm doing it will not work with post_test separated out
(which I think really needs to happen, to isolate it from test_run failures).  Several of the
tests pass arguments to post_test, so there will have to be a per-test component with
data for this somewhere.  It was originally in the post_script section in the Jenkins job,
but it makes more sense to put this stuff into a test_cleanup() function in the base script, IMHO.
I'll give more details when I test some things out.