[Fuego] Fuego json output proof of concept

Bird, Timothy Tim.Bird at sony.com
Sat Mar 25 05:15:46 UTC 2017

Hello all,

Recently, Huang Feng contributed a bunch of what I presume are AGL-JTA tests to Fuego.
I very much appreciate a chance to look at the tests, and see what's different about them.
I have refactored them to use the different paths used by Fuego (e.g. JTA_HOME vs.
BOARD_TESTDIR).  In the process I took a look at the create_xml_<testname>.py scripts.

Based on recent discussion on the Fuego list, I have written a proof-of-concept parser.py
program (based on the create_xml file) that outputs both a test_result.xml file, and a new
fres.json file, with the test results for the individual test cases for a Functional test.

I intend to make this a library, similar to how the Benchmark parser.py is modularized.
There are numerous outstanding issues with this - some fields are missing, that AGL-JTA was
putting into the console log, and a few fields don't have identical contents (e.g. a missing
underscore in one of the date fields).  However, it does demonstrate the feasibility of
output the results to json.

You can try this out now in my 'next' branch on bitbucket.  The test that has this experimental
feature is Functional.curl.  So see the file Functional.curl/parser.py for the implementation.
Warning - the code is quite ugly at the moment.  Expect it to get some polish by the 1.2 release.

This can, I think, be the start of our unified output format work, as well as a beginning of the merge
between the AGL-JTA and Fuego code bases - both of which are very exciting, IMHO. :-)

Regards,
 -- Tim