[Fuego] About the new patches

Bird, Timothy Tim.Bird at sony.com
Wed May 10 16:06:34 UTC 2017

I had hoped to get 1.2 out before my trip to Japan.
In my opinion, the 3 core features of this release
are:
1) Support for LAVA integration
2) Unified results output (the json stuff)
3) test dependencies

Some other issues, like handling test failures (blacklisting)
and creating new reference logs, are also important
but secondary to those three.

However, I'm leaving for Japan on May 23rd, and I
just don't see stuff coming together in time for that.
I can't make a release while I'm on the road.  I have too
much of my infrastructure for a release here at my
desktop in San Jose.

Right now my plan is to throw in as much stuff
related to those three features as possible,
have discussions on loose ends and other priorities
in Japan, and then have a settle-down (1.2 release-candidate)
series in June and July.  Due to vacation and other work
travel, June will also be difficult for me.  Unfortunately,
this may push v1.2 out until July or August.

Having said that - I'd like at least all major features in place,
if possible, by the end of May.  Even if they need some revisions
or fixups.

In terms of planning - I feel like I've got a base for the LAVA support
done now, and that it's up to Jan Simon to resolve the integration that
AGL-CIAT needs.  I am currently working on the test dependency stuff.
If you and Sony Cai can work on the unified output, that would be great.
I'll help with that where I can, and of course review features as they
are proposed or submitted.

The goal is for Fuego v1.2 to have sufficient features that AGL can switch
to it with no loss of functionality.
 -- Tim