[Fuego] Fuego criteria file documentation

Bird, Timothy Tim.Bird at sony.com
Mon Nov 6 05:18:15 UTC 2017

Fixed.  Thanks.

> - FUEGO_CRITERIA_JSON_PATH: it seems to me that this functionality is not
> completely
> implemented yet. For example, there are no checks on ftc add-job/run-test
> and the
> variable is not stored together with other test flags (such as REBUILD or
> REBOOT).
> Personally, I would add a "--criteria-json-path" parameter to ftc add-job/run-
> test.
> What do you think? I can work on this.

Sounds good.  I think it would be better as just "--criteria-path".  I don't
want to encode the file format in the command line argument.
Using the same rationale, maybe we should remove "JSON_" from
FUEGO_CRITERIA_JSON_PATH as well (so it's just FUEGO_CRITERIA_PATH).

> - I think we should provide a flag "--store-criteria" (by default active) to
> indicate whether criteria.json
> should be stored on the log folder for sharing or future reference.
I would lean towards always storing it, and not having a flag.

> - The same we are doing for criteria.json is probably required for specs.json
> and chart_config.json.
I would agree with saving the spec that was used in the test.  Since someone
might change the spec after running the test, it should get recorded for an
individual run.  I'm not sure we need the whole file, and specs are short enough
that it might just be easier to save the variable definitions from the spec, in
the run.json file.  Let me know what you think.

With regard to chart_config.json - that's a presentation detail that isn't tied
to specific run.  It's tied more to a test than to a run.
 -- Tim