[Fuego] Fuego criteria file documentation

Daniel Sangorrin daniel.sangorrin at toshiba.co.jp
Mon Nov 6 05:48:33 UTC 2017

OK, I will work on this.

> > - I think we should provide a flag "--store-criteria" (by default active) to
> > indicate whether criteria.json
> > should be stored on the log folder for sharing or future reference.
> I would lean towards always storing it, and not having a flag.

OK. I will work on this as well.
Should we store criteria.json files that have not been modified as well?
Probably we could infer it from the "fuego_core_version" variable but it would
be a bit tedious (git checkout etc..)

> > - The same we are doing for criteria.json is probably required for specs.json
> > and chart_config.json.
> I would agree with saving the spec that was used in the test.  Since someone
> might change the spec after running the test, it should get recorded for an
> individual run.  I'm not sure we need the whole file, and specs are short enough
> that it might just be easier to save the variable definitions from the spec, in
> the run.json file.  Let me know what you think.
>
> With regard to chart_config.json - that's a presentation detail that isn't tied
> to specific run.  It's tied more to a test than to a run.

For chart_config.json I meant that we should also provide a parameter (--chart-config-path?)
for the user to customize what gets displayed. For example, depending on the board, spec or
even the user's taste/goal the test results to display may differ. Suppose I am
working a specific part of the kernel and I want LTP to only display a table with results
of those testcases that I consider relevant.

When sharing the results to a centralized server, having the chart_config.json
could be beneficial if the user wants to specify what results should be displayed
and which not. It would also easy backwards-compatibility if the test names
change.

Thanks,
Daniel