[Fuego] HACKxFDU planning - soliciting hackathon test ideas

Bird, Timothy Tim.Bird at sony.com
Wed Oct 11 22:48:09 UTC 2017

Hello Fuego community,

Cai Song of Fujitsu will be representing the Fuego project at HACKxFDU, a hackathon at
Fudan University in Shanghai, China, on October 27-29.

The Core Embedded Linux Project of the Linux Foundation has paid the sponsorship fee,
and we are hoping to introduce Fuego to some of the students at the hackathon, and see
if they can create some useful tests for the project.

I have put together a planning page for this event at:
http://fuegotest.org/fuego-1.2/HACKxFDU_2017_planning

Some of the ideas I have for tests are:
 * test that file systems are mounted correctly (correct mount points, permissions, etc)
 * test that interrupts are firing at an expected rate
 * test that kernel modules are loaded as expected
 * test year2038 compliance
 * test block file system performance with a  simple command line tool (dd)

Add one or more of the following major tests:
 * xfstests
 * stressng
 * openvas

I'm sending this to the list to see if there are any other tests that people are interested
in adding to the Fuego system, that could be proposed as tests for the students at the
hackathon.

Please share your ideas.  Thanks!
 -- Tim