[Fuego] bonnie fixup commit in Fuego pull request

Bird, Timothy Tim.Bird at sony.com
Wed Sep 6 03:39:03 UTC 2017

Cai,

Here is some feedback on the bonnie fixup commit that was part of your pull request.

This commit should be divided into 2 commits: one that fixes the permission issue with the 'chown nobody' and '-u nobody',
and one that does the criteria.json and reference.json fixups.

Can you explain a bit more what you are doing with the directory ownership change here?  Does bonnie need to be run
as non-root in order to work correctly?

I had hoped to modify the bonnie test to automatically detect whether it was running as root, and
adjust the pararmeters automatically (so it ididn't require a different spec for the 'noroot' case).
But I'd like to understand your fix before modifying the code.

For the second issue addressed by the commit:
In general it seems correct to remove the latency measures, since they are not in the testlog output that I can see, and they certainly are not parsed by the parser for this Benchmark.  The name change from Random_Seek.Random_Seek to Random.Seek is also appropriate, but there needs to be a change to the name in the measurements dictionary in parser.py to match.

Can you re-submit this commit as 2 commits, and include the needed modifications to parser.py in the second one?

Thanks.  These look like nice fixes for this test!
 -- Tim