[Fuego] latest Fuego 'next' branch (1.2 pre-release)

Bird, Timothy Tim.Bird at sony.com
Mon Sep 18 05:15:58 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I've integrated some patches over the weekend, and made a few significant changes you may need to be aware of if you're using the pre-release branch (my 'next' branch for fuego and fuego-core).

I added Jan-Simon's code for supporting LAVA-based target boards.

Note: this code is currently in fuego/fuego-ro/scripts, but should really be moved to
fuego-core/engine/scripts.  That is a cosmetic placement issue that can be fixed after
the release.

The charting code is now operational, but there are a few bugs to deal with before finalizing the release.
It supports a new "chart_config.json" file in the test directory, that indicates what type of charts
to produce for the Jenkins interface.  It should work for all tests.  If a test does not have a "chart_config.json" file, a default chart type is selected, as follows:
 - Functional (besides LTP) - testcase_table
 - Functional.LTP - testset_summary_table
 - Benchmark - measure_plot

There is much more configurability support for charting I want to do in the future, but I'm going to
call this feature complete (but not bug-free yet) for the 1.2 release, so as not to delay the 1.2 release
much longer.  That is, during the 1.2 release candidate series, I'll take bug fixes for problems with
the current charting, but I won't add any more features to it (even though there's infrastructure
support for the features, and some checked-in files for newer charting features in the fuego-core
code already).

Here's a note on upgrading to the latest pre-release commits...
The things that changed in the fuego repository mostly concern the lava integration.  If you're not
doing that, you probably don't need to rebuild your docker container.  But you need to do one thing
manually if you don't rebuild the container.

I've change the flot (javascript plotting) plugin so that the core fuego javascript code for this now
lives in fuego-core/engine/scripts/mod.js.  This is symlinked into the jenkins plugin area like so:
ln -s /fuego-core/engine/scripts/mos.js /var/lib/jenkins/plugins/flot/flot/mod.js

If you don't rebuild your Docker container, please create this link manually.
With this change, we can now modify the mod.js code in fuego-core, without having to rebuild
the Jenkins plugin (flot.hpi) every time we make a change.  That will be really handy!

With this symlink in place in your container, you should be able to do a 'git pull' if you're using my 'next' branch on the fuego-core repository, to get the latest bugfixes and charting features. But not
LAVA integration - that requires a container rebuild.

Note that this release produces both a results.json file for a test, as well as flat_plot_data.txt
and flot_chart_data.json for each test.  We'll need to discuss finalizing these data structures
and their usage after the 1.2 release as we move forward.

I'll write more on the new features after I get some time to fix outstanding bugs this week.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.  And if you see problems, please report
them.  Thanks!

Happy testing,
 -- Tim