[Fuego] Problem of adding a benchmark result table

Daniel Sangorrin daniel.sangorrin at toshiba.co.jp
Fri Aug 24 03:11:04 UTC 2018

Hi Li,

> <fuego-bounces at lists.linuxfoundation.org> On Behalf Of Li, Xiaoming
 > I want to add a table of building results for every single benchmark in Jenkins.

If you want to use a table to show the building results instead of a plot, you can change the chart_type from chart_config.json to testset_summary_table. If you run the benchmark again, you should get a table instead of a plot.

That functionality is implemented at:
scripts/parser/prepare_chart_data.py
scripts/mod.js

I believe that code needs some improvements:
   - ability to override chart_config.json with a per-board configuration
   - I have seen in Dhrystone that the table shows pass=1 but also err=1
   - The tables only show building results (pass/fail), you may want to add the benchmark measures

> My solutions is to use jenkins's plugin groovy postbuild, which can add a hyperlink
> in build history.
> But groovy postbuild requies jenkins‘s version of 2.6.0 or later, as fuego's default is
> 2.32.1.

Updating jenkins regularly is important. However, we have had bad experiences with Jenkins' plugins. Each time we upgraded Jenkins a number of plugins where not available anymore causing many breakages. For that reason, we decided to limit the usage of plugins to the minimum necessary.

> I also have to install  java8 to run higher version jenkins.
This would require changing the Dockerfile. It might be a hard job if it can't be done with Debian Jessie.

> Could anyone give me a better idea?

Apart from using chart_config.son, there is another option. We have an SQL-like interface to fetch results from Fuego. You can use that interface with ftc gen-report and create an html/xls/pdf report with all of the build results that you want. Maybe you could even call to ftc gen-report in a postbuild action and then add a link to the generated html from the "Set build description" post action.

Also, soon we will be able to post test results to kernelci and squad instances.

Best regards,
Daniel