[Fuego] busybox_chmod1 seems to have a bogus test

Tim.Bird at sony.com Tim.Bird at sony.com
Fri Jul 20 20:48:20 UTC 2018

This check, in busybox_chmod1, look suspicious.

> busybox chmod g+x ./test_dir/test1
> if [ "$(busybox ls -l ./test_dir | grep -v "total" | cut -b 1-3)" = "-rw" ]
> then
>     echo " -> $test: Changed file permissions verification#2 succeeded."
> else
>     echo " -> $test: Changed file permissions verification#2 failed."
>     echo " -> $test: TEST-FAIL"
>     rm -rf ./test_dir
>     exit
> fi;

The operation 'chmod g+x' is performed.  Then
the test looks at the directory flag, and first two owner permissions (bytes 1-3).
It doesn't even look at the owner execute permissions.

I would have expected the cut to retrieve the group permission
bytes, to check that they are 'execute' ('x').

Is this a bug in the test, or am I missing something?
 -- Tim