[Fuego] unmet dependencies error when running ./install.sh

Tuyển Hoàng tuyen.hv.3i at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 02:53:06 UTC 2018

Hello all,

When I ran ./install, I got the below error:

*Step 51 : RUN DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive apt-get update ---> Using
cache ---> 0ee853280c49Step 52 : RUN DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive apt-get
-yV install crossbuild-essential-armhf cpp-arm-linux-gnueabihf
gcc-arm-linux-gnueabihf binutils-arm-linux-gnueabihf ---> Running in
bec6bfd97f37Reading package lists...Building dependency tree...Reading
state information...Some packages could not be installed. This may mean
that you haverequested an impossible situation or if you are using the
unstabledistribution that some required packages have not yet been
createdor been moved out of Incoming.The following information may help to
resolve the situation:The following packages have unmet
dependencies: crossbuild-essential-armhf : Depends: g++-arm-linux-gnueabihf
(>= 4.9.1-1) but it is not going to be installed gcc-arm-linux-gnueabihf :
Depends: gcc-4.9-arm-linux-gnueabihf (>= 4.9.2-10) but it is not going to
be installedE: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken
packages.The command '/bin/sh -c DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive apt-get -yV
install crossbuild-essential-armhf cpp-arm-linux-gnueabihf
gcc-arm-linux-gnueabihf binutils-arm-linux-gnueabihf' returned a non-zero
code: 100*

How to reproduce the issue?
I cleaned all the old Jessie docker images and containers on my machine
then run ./install.sh.
This will re-clone a new Jessie docker image.
I think this issue also occurs if we setup Fuego on a new machine.

After several checks about the dependence of packages, I see that
gcc-4.9-arm-linux-gnueabihf package depends on: libgcc-4.9-dev:armhf (=
4.9.2-10) but 4.9.2-10+deb8u1 is to be installed

The reason that some packages in emdebian.org
<http://emdebian.org/tools/debian/dists/jessie/main/> repository are older
than the current Jessie docker image and security.debian.org
<http://security.debian.org/debian-security/dists/jessie/updates/>
repository.

How should we do to solve the issue?

Best regards,