[Fuego] unmet dependencies error when running ./install.sh

Guilherme Camargo guicc at profusion.mobi
Mon Mar 19 16:02:56 UTC 2018

​​
Hello, Tuyen.

I agree with you. It seems not to be a very good idea to mix jessie
packages with unstable's.

I tried a few more things.

- Removing the security repo from apt sources.
Seems to solve the issue with the installation of the crosstoolchains, but
breaks the
installation of other fuego dependencies:

*The following information may help to resolve the situation:*

> *The following packages have unmet dependencies:*
> * g++ : Depends: cpp (>= 4:4.9.2-2) but it is not going to be installed*
> *       Depends: g++-4.9 (>= 4.6.4-1~) but it is not going to be installed*
> *       Depends: gcc-4.9 (>= 4.6.4-1~) but it is not going to be installed*
> * gcc : Depends: cpp (>= 4:4.9.2-2) but it is not going to be installed*
> *       Depends: gcc-4.9 (>= 4.9.2-1~) but it is not going to be installed*
> * gettext : Depends: libgomp1 (>= 4.9) but it is not going to be installed*
> * libtool : Depends: cpp but it is not going to be installed*
> * python-matplotlib : Depends: python-numpy (>= 1:1.8.0) but it is not
> going to be installed*
> *                     Depends: python-numpy-abi9**
>  Recommends: python-glade2 but it is not going to be installed*

*- Moving to Debian Stretch (the new stable).Crosstoolchain packages
are already available on the stable strech repos.By changing our base image
to debian:stretch and replacing openjdk-7 with openjdk-8(version 7 is not
available on stretch) I was able to build successfully.I'm not sure if this
is a good solution, though. Moving from jessie to stretch wouldrepresent a
major change on Fuego, that could possibly break other things.*

​Additionally, emdebian updates seem to have cease a while ago (last change
was in 2015), so
eventually
​we would
need to come up with alternatives for the sources of those toolchains.

Do you or anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks

--
Guilherme