[Fuego] Configure: error: C preprocessor "aarch64-linux-gnu-cpp" fails sanity check (netperf, dbench tests)

Tim.Bird at sony.com Tim.Bird at sony.com
Fri Mar 23 17:05:55 UTC 2018

Thanks for reporting back the status.  Let us know if any tests behave strangely
with the different toolchains.

I am a bit worried that you'll run into some issues with this toolchain.
If I recall correctly, you are not running Debian on your board, right?
If not, there should be a toolchain available from your distribution provider,
or that can be built from OpenEmbedded, the YoctoProject, or buildroot
(whichever tool you are using to build the Linux distribution for your board).

If you have hand-assembled your own distribution manually, then you should
use whatever toolchain you used to build the rest of the distribution.

The specific toolchain for your distribution is always the preferred one to
use for building additional software (including test programs) for your board.

> Does it mean there is an issue in Emdebian toolchain?

Yes.  Our plan is to use regular Debian cross toolchains, rather than
EmDebian.  Emdebian seems to be an unmaintained project.