[Fuego] Serial port not able to access

Tim.Bird at sony.com Tim.Bird at sony.com
Sat Mar 24 02:27:57 UTC 2018

I'm sorry your having problems.  I'll try to help.

Do you have a LOGIN or PASSWORD configured for this board?
That shouldn't have affected the board access, but you may need
to use these values for the commands I recommend below.

Can you tell me what kind of board you have?

Can you try some commands at the command line in the docker container?

At the shell prompt in docker (usually '#'), try typing these commands:

# export LOGIN=<whatever your login is>
# export PASSWORD=<whatever your password is>
# serlogin -v -d /dev/ttyUSB0 $LOGIN -P $PASSWORD

If you have don't have a password for the account, leave off the
'-P $PASSWORD' portion of that command.

Let me know what you see.

Also, please do (inside the container):
# id
# ls -la /dev/ttyUSB0

and outside the container
$ ls -la /dev/ttyUSB0

If the serlogin doesn't have the access problem, but doesn't work, please send
me the output of:
# serlogin --debug -v -d /dev/ttyUSB0 $LOGIN -P $PASSWORD